Brian K. Tackett
Board Certified in Family Law
Brian Tackett is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a distinction held by less than 1% of the attorneys in the State of Texas. He has been recognized a one of the best attorneys in Denton County and was the winner of the Best of Denton County survey for 2013. He has been designated as a Super Lawyer for family law in the State of Texas by Thomson Reuters. He has undergone an extensive peer review by judges and other attorneys for ethical standards and legal ability and received an AV rating – the highest possible rating reserved only for “preeminent” attorneys.
Brian Tackett has earned his reputation as an outstanding litigator and implements an aggressive approach.
Brian Tackett is a partner with the law firm of Hayes, Berry, White & Vanzant, LLP, and specializes exclusively in family law. He is the head of the family and criminal law sections of the firm. His practice has been built on an ever expanding referral base. He receives referrals from other lawyers, judges, politicians, and most importantly past and current clients.
My mission is to put my clients in the best possible position to achieve their goals by out-preparing and out-working my opponent.
I am first and foremost a trial attorney. Much of my skill and craft were honed as a criminal prosecutor in the Denton County District Attorney’s office. I have spent countless hours in the courtroom advocating for my clients. While I am always courteous and professional in the courtroom, my clients will not be bullied.
I enjoy courtroom advocacy the most, but I emphasize a strategy that lessens resentment and hostility and focuses on creative problem-solving, goal setting for the future, and preserving dignity. I work hard with and for my clients to achieve their goals. It is crucial to determine what is most important for my client but also to know what is important to the other party or attorney.
I love my job, but I recognize that my clients come to me during the most trying times of their lives. The steps we take together are the difference between easing and undermining the transition into the next phase of life.
– Brian K. Tackett
- Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Domestic Violence
- Protective Orders
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas,
Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Texas-Austin, Austin, TX, USA,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Honors: Cum Laude
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Denton County Bar Association
- Denton County Trial Lawyers Association
- Denton County Young Lawyers, 2002
- Board Member
- Denton County Young Lawyers, 2003
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Denton County Texas Exes
- Denton Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Denton, Graduate 2013
- Past Employment Positions:
- Denton County Criminal District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney
- Denton County, Chief Prosecutor, CC #3 and #4
- Berry Byrne & Randall, Medical Malpractice Defense Associate