Don R. White Jr.
DON WHITE, JR. AV Rated, received his Bachelor of Business Administration degree, with emphasis in finance, from the University of North Texas (1993) and his law degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Law, with Honors. He is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Commercial and Residential Real Estate Law.
While in Law School, Mr. White attained an Academic Achievement Award in Personal Property Security (U.C.C. Article 9), and another Academic Achievement Award in Payment Systems (U.C.C. Articles 3, 4, 4A). Prior to embarking on his law career, Mr. White spent a decade in the field of automobile dealership management, holding such positions as General Manager, General Sales Manager, and Service Manager. He is licensed to practice in all Texas State courts, the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, and the Denton County Bar Association. He focuses primarily on real estate, business and consumer litigation, including causes of action involving DTPA, Real Estate Licensing Act, Fraud, Fiduciary Duty, Warranties, Breach of Contract, Negligence, Sworn Accounts, Quantum Meruit, Want of Consideration, Rescission of Contract, Libel, Slander, Unconscionability, Water Impoundment, Trespass, Commercial Leases, Collections, Nuisance and Forcible Detainer. He also practices in the areas of government, general business law (including acquisitions and sales of businesses), landlord-tenant relations, collections and consumer law.
Mr. White represents such clients as BNSF Railway Company, Bill Utter Ford, James Wood Auto Park, Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Prestonwood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Greater Denton/Wise County Association of Realtors. Mr. White is a graduate of the Leadership Denton class of 2001. He was selected by Texas Monthly as a Super Lawyer for 2006-Present.
Areas of Practice:
- Real Estate
- Construction Law
- Business Law
- Civil Law
- Consumer Law
- Contract Law
- Corporate Law
- Lemon Law/Cars
- General Business Law
- Acquisitions and Sales
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2004
- Residential Real Estate, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2004
- Certified Mediator
- Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2002
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma, 1996
- Juris Doctor, with Honors
- Honors: Academic Achievement Award in Personal Injury Security (U.C.C. Article 9)
- Honors: Academic Achievement Award in Payment Systems (U.C.C. Articles 3, 4, 4A)
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, 1993
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Major: Finance
- BNSF Railway Company
- Bill Utter Ford
- James Wood Autopark
- Denton Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Greater Denton-Wise County Association of Realtors
- Kimball Midwest
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Denton County Bar Association, 2010 - 2011, President
- Denton County Bar Association, 2009 - 2010, President-Elect
- Denton County Bar Association, 2008 - 2009, Vice President
- Denton County Bar Association, 2007 - 2008, Treasurer
- Denton County Bar Association, 2006 - 2007, Secretary
- Denton County Alternative Dispute Resolution Center, 2007 - Present, Director
- State Bar of Texas, Member
Pro Bono Activities:
- Volunteer Mediator-Denton County Alternative Dispute Resolution Center, 2004 - Present
- Delta Sigma Pi
Contact Don R. White Jr.
This email was initiated at www.hbwvlaw.com. The content of this email is provided by and is the responsibility of the person posting the email communication. Your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You acknowledge that any reliance on material in email communications is at your own risk.