LANCE VANZANT received his Bachelor of Arts degrees in History and Political Science from Cameron University, his Master of Arts degree from Texas Tech University, and his law degree from Southern Methodist University. He is AV Rated “Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell and represents local governments and individuals in matters related to annexation, land use, eminent domain, labor and employment law, economic development and environmental law. He practices in the area of real estate, civil litigation, general business law, and municipal law.
Currently serving as: City Attorney for the City of Celina, City of Krum, the Town of Hickory Creek, the Town of Oak Ridge, and the City of Tioga; Municipal prosecutor for the City of Celina, the City of Krum, the City of Tioga and the Town of Hickory Creek; General Counsel, Celina Building and Standards Commission; General Counsel, Denton County MHMR Center; General Counsel, North Texas Groundwater Conservation District; and President of the Board of Directors, Upper Trinity Regional Water District. Served as past Interim General Counsel, Texas Woman’s University. Not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Areas of Practice:
- Municipal Law
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate
- General Business Law
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Honors: Student Bar Association, Curriculum Committee, Chairman
- Texas Tech University, M.A.
- Cameron University, B.A.
- Major: History/Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Denton County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas City Attorney’s Association 2001 to present, Member
- American Planning Association 2001 to present, Member
- City of Celina – Home Rule Charter Commission 2007, Member
- City of Celina – Historic Preservation Commission 2005 to Present, Member
- Upper Trinity Regional Water District 2001 to present, President
- Celina Independent School District 2003 to 2009, Trustee
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Offices of James E. Shephard, Law Clerk
- Dallas county District Attorney’s Office-Family Violence Division, Student Intern
- Southwest Collection Library/Texas Tech University, Archivist