WILLIAM V. SCAZZERO received his Bachelor’s degree in Political Science in 2007, from the University of North Texas, in Denton, where he was a member of Phi Alpha Delta, the UNT chapter of a national Pre-Law Honors Society. Admission to Phi Alpha Delta was predicated on applicants having at least a 3.5 grade average, and the desire to attend law school after graduation. He scored in the 91st percentile on the law school admission exam, and received the Dean’s scholarship to Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law where he obtained his law degree in 2010. While at SMU, he was elected first Vice President, and then President of the SMU Chapter of the Federalist Society.
He served as an intern for the Honorable Judge Sally Montgomery, in Dallas County Court at Law #3 in 2008, and volunteered at the Catholic Charities of Dallas’s legal division in 2011. He has been selected by Texas Monthly as a Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star for 2015 and 2016 and has received the Client Distinction Award from Martindale-Hubbell.
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Litigation
- Construction Law
- Eminent Domain
- Business Law
- Corporate Law
- Civil Litigation
- Government Law
- United States Courts, Eastern District of Texas
- Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 2010
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, 2007
Notable Litigation Successes
- Obtained a $200,000 Summary Judgment and Appointment of Receiver in favor of client, the Plaintiff on Breach of Contract/Statutory Fraud claims.
- Settled a multi-million dollar Probate case, challenging the validity of the will, and execution of the estate, and did so while still preserving our client’s potential claims for breach of fiduciary duty and other causes of action against the Executor of the estate.
- Presented and succeeded on a Petition for Bill of Review and obtained dismissal of a wrongfully obtained, 2 year old civil judgment.
- Succeeded in freezing the personal and corporate assets of a Defendant to force compliance with discovery requests and to attend a deposition.
- Obtained a Temporary Injunction, permitting client to lay a natural gas pipeline and then successfully defended the same injunction on an expedited appeal to the Tenth Court of Appeals by the defendant.
- Obtained a $175,000 Summary Judgement on a breach of construction contract case.
- Obtained a 1.2 million dollar settlement for a Business Litigation Client.
- Has won civil Jury trials in four different counties in Texas.