What Are the Different Types of Lawyers? January 5, 2015
In the United States, our legal system is in place to facilitate the function of a civil society. It strives to ensure citizens abide by federal and state laws as well as balance state and federal power. It comes as no surprise that the world of law is multifaceted and encompasses multiple subcategories ranging from civil law to criminal law that all have their own sets of protocols, policies, procedures and other special considerations. This being the case, there are different types of lawyers who provide legal counsel and representation in their specific fields of law that help our legal system function properly and in accordance to state and federal Constitutions.
Different Types of Lawyers
Different areas of law have their own sets legal processes that require special expertise from different types of lawyers. To give you an idea about the different types of lawyers who are out there, we have devised the following list of attorney types.
- Autism Lawyer – People who live with autism have certain needs and possess special rights that must be upheld. An autism lawyer ensures these rights are protected and know how to handle any violation in rights.
- Bankruptcy Lawyer – Whenever a person is not able to pay his or her debts, he or she may file for bankruptcy. A bankruptcy lawyer advocates on the filers behalf to prove to the court that he or she is indeed incapable of paying debts with current income.
- Business Bankruptcy Lawyer – A business bankruptcy lawyer works on behalf of both public and private companies and organizations to settle disputes between the business entities and their constituents.
- Construction Lawyer – This type of lawyer works with construction builders and helps them obtain the appropriate permits for a building.
- Corporate Lawyer – It is a corporate lawyer’s job to ensure that all a corporation’s contracts and transactions are carried out in accordance to federal and state laws.
- Criminal Lawyer – A person who is accused of committing a crime will need a criminal lawyer at his or her defense to prove innocence or negotiate a plea deal.
- Deportation Lawyer – This type of lawyer must have a comprehensive understanding of laws pertaining to immigration and deportation. Deportation lawyers advocate their clients’ rights to stay in the country.
- DWI/DUI Lawyer – When a person is arrested for a DWI or DUI, it may be in his or her best interest to hire this type of lawyer to protect rights and negotiate a lesser punishment.
- Employment Lawyer – It is an employment lawyer’s duty to handle legal disputes arising between an employer and his or her employees. This type of lawyer ensures the employee’s rights pertaining to job security, income and other job-related matters are protected.
- Estate Planning Lawyer – This type of lawyer helps you ensure your assets are distributed the way you want after death.
- Family Lawyer – Family lawyers are proficient in all things related to family law and handle cases related to divorce, spousal support and child custody matters.
- Municipal Lawyer – Municipal lawyers assist city and county governments with various matters pertaining to local government and government contracts laws.
- Oil & Gas Lawyer – Oil and gas lawyers deal with disputes related to multiple matters ranging from surface rights and drilling permits to agreement disputes and environmental issues.
- Personal Injury Lawyer – This type of lawyer fights for the rights of victims of personal injury and work hard to ensure clients receive the maximum amount of compensation for their injuries.
- Real Estate Lawyer – Real estate law encompasses matters related to the government’s power of eminent domain and the process of real estate condemnation. This type of lawyer ensures property owners’ rights are protected in real estate cases.
- Traffic Lawyer – Traffic lawyers advocate on clients’ behalf for disputes related to traffic tickets.
This is not a comprehensive list of all the specific types of lawyers, but it gives you an idea about the many facets of law and why we need different types of lawyers in today’s society.
Contact Us for Assistance In Multiple Law Areas
At Hayes, Berry, White & Vanzant, we offer specialized legal counsel and representation in various areas of law. Our legal team is comprised of different types of lawyers who are proficient in their particular facet of law and here to help you with your legal issue. You can view our different types of lawyers here.
This email was initiated at www.hbwvlaw.com. The content of this email is provided by and is the responsibility of the person posting the email communication. Your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You acknowledge that any reliance on material in email communications is at your own risk.