Divorce Modification Following a divorce settlement, it isn’t uncommon for various circumstances to change. That’s when divorce modifications come into play.

At Hayes, Berry, White & Vanzant, our divorce lawyers are highly experienced in dealing with cases pertaining to divorce modification and are ready and willing to help you with yours!

When a divorce settlement agreement is reached, it is done so based upon the circumstances at that particular time. However, many things can change after a divorce has been finalized. When circumstances change after reaching a divorce settlement, Hayes, Berry, White & Vanzant, LLP is the Denton, Texas law firm to turn to when you need to request a divorce modification or when you wish to contest a proposed divorce modification.

Schedule your consultation with our skilled divorce modification attorney today by calling our law firm at (940) 387-3518. You may also contact us here.


What Can Be Modified in a Divorce Settlement?

Depending on how their divorce was settled, people may want to modify a laundry list of items found in their settlements. Even though they can vary from case to case, divorce modifications are limited to the following:

  1. Child custody and visitation
  2. Child support
  3. Spousal support/alimony

In order for a court to grant a divorce modification, the parties involved must show that there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances. Examples of significant changes in circumstance include, but are not limited to:

  • Parental relocation (i.e., ex-spouse has plans to move away)
  • Remarriage
  • Job loss
  • Increase in income
  • Decreased parenting ability due to drug use or alcohol abuse

As a child custody lawyer, Brian K. Tackett has successfully helped countless parents obtain the divorce modifications they desire and fight those that are not in the best interests of the children.


Child Support Enforcement

In addition to divorce modifications, Hayes, Berry, White & Vanzant, LLP also handles cases related to child support enforcement. If you need help asserting your rights in collecting child support payments, do not hesitate to contact our law firm at your convenience. We can inform you about your options and the methods for collecting the financial resources that are necessary for your children.


Contact Us Today

Schedule your consultation with our family law attorney by calling (940) 387-3518. Your initial consultation to learn how we may be of service is offered at no charge! You may also contact us here to inquire about divorce modification and child support matters.

Contact Us

This email was initiated at www.hbwvlaw.com. The content of this email is provided by and is the responsibility of the person posting the email communication. Your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You acknowledge that any reliance on material in email communications is at your own risk.


Latest News


Our Offices

Brian K. Tackett

Denton, Flower Mound

Thomas E. Little


Colby G. Berry

Denton, Gainesville, Flower Mound, Celina